After just returning from the Catalonia Yucatan Beach Resort, I wanted to share a few tips with future travellers.
This resort is located in the gorgeous Riviera Maya – specifically the Puerto Aventuras area. It is a solid 4 star resort that while compact, never felt overcrowded!
- 2 main buffet restaurants
- No reservations required for the a la carte restaurants
- For the more casual traveller – the men might be happy as there were no long pants and closed toed shoe requirements for the restaurants
- Snack Grill, Ice Cream shop and the Crepe Shack will be sure to satisfy your sweet tooth!
There is an option to purchase prior to departure the Privilege Package. This includes the following:
- Upgraded rooms
- Private Jacuzzi
- Separate Check In
- Bottle of Tequila in room upon arrival
- Concierge Services
- Spa Discount of 20%
- BBQ night (cocktail party offered instead in low season
Beach & Water Sports:
- Great snorkelling right off the beach – don’t forget your fins & mask and a water proof cell phone case
- Variety of complimentary water sports – including a 20 minute catamaran ride (I just tipped the driver)
- No drink service on the beach, however the bar was not far away – quite a compact resort
- No beach vendors bothering you while you are relaxing – instead the resort brings in vendors one evening per week to view their wares in the public area at the hotel with much less pressure
There were a few destination weddings taking place while I was there. I spoke with one of the brides and her family and they were very happy with the resorts.
There is a secluded section of the beach for weddings so you don’t have complete strangers photo bombing you!
- Tips for this resort: they do not accept USD, only peso, Canadian dollars and Euro and of course credit cards.
- Bring a power bar – the room only had 2 power outlets – 1 in the main sleeping area and 1 in the bathroom
- Comfortable shoes and you can take a short walk to the Marina where there is shopping, restaurants and you can even swim with the dolphins
- Even though they say “saving chairs is not allowed”, get up early and save your spot – everyone does!
- The pool chairs seemed to get saved a little quicker than the beach chairs
This is a great resort that is often offered at a great price! Please don’t hesitate to contact me regarding your next trip!